Master’s Degree Program
1. Appropriate bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a university or from other recognized institutions of higher learning;
2. High academic standing; and,
3. English proficiency
Doctoral Degree Program
1. Appropriate master’s degree or its equivalent from a university or other recognized educational institution;
2. High academic standing;
3. English proficiency; and,
4. Have conducted a research study.
These qualities shall be evaluated based on the following:
(a) examination of undergraduate or graduate credentials;
(b) recommendations of two former professors;
(c) interview with the applicant or other appropriate means; and (d) character reference.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. For Filipino citizens: a duly accomplished Graduate School Application for Admission Form, accompanied by:
A. Official Transcript of Records of undergraduate work (and graduate work, if any), for evaluation purposes.
- Photocopies of records can be accepted provided they are properly authenticated.
- For those who studied outside the Philippines, immediately preceding this application, scholastic record duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (PFSP) located in the student applicants’ last educational institution attended (Red Ribbon Certificate)
Final admission will be subject to verification of documents submitted against original copies of credentials. Certified English translation should also be submitted where necessary;
B. Duly accomplished Recommendation Form from two (2) former professors with their evaluation of the applicant’s potential for graduate work;
C. Certified Service Record for those who are employed.
2. For foreign nationals:
a) a formal letter of application for admission, stating among others, the applicant’s purpose in pursuing a graduate degree and specific field(s) of interest, including a personal history statement.
b) Certification of English language proficiency or TOEFL score of at least 500 words, or its equivalent, for applicants whose native language is not English, except those who are from institutions where the medium of instruction is English; and,
3. A non-refundable application fee of P100.00 for Filipino citizens, and for non-resident aliens, USD 25 (or peso equivalent) for master’s and USD 40 for doctorate.
All applications must be received on or before JULY 15 for those enrolling for the first semester, or before NOVEMBER 30 for the second semester, or before May 15 for midyear term. Application forms can be downloaded from the
BSU Graduate School website (https://bit.ly/2unolsP) or can be obtained in person at the Graduate School office.
Credentials filed in support of the application become the property of Benguet State University and will not be returned to the applicant.